Re: Upgrade from 8.1.6 to 8.1.7

From: Joan Hsieh <joan.hsieh_at_tufts.edu>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 09:16:35 -0800

Hi Hamid,

We upgraded our peoplesoft db from 8.1.6 to 8.1.7 last year. This is just give you a reference check. You HAVE TO read the upgrade note do exactly what the notes said. Since all the platform is different, it might change the procedures according to your platforms.

Joan

Oracle 8.1.7 Database Upgrade

1)      Backup db
2)      . oraenv SID
3)      run /oracle> .  . profile817 => Set new oracle home,path..etc
4)      from $OH/dbs, create soft link to parm file:
                ln -s /oracle/admin/<SID>/pfile/init<SID>.ora
init<SID>.ora
            ADD  _system_trip_enabled=false to init<SID>.ora (after
rollback_segments)
5)      cd $OH/rdbms/admin
6)      run another UNIX session and shutdown db under 8.1.6
8)      svrmgrl
9)      connect internal
10)     startup restrict
11)     ALTER SESSION SET EVENTS '10520 TRACE NAME CONTEXT FOREVER,
LEVEL
10';
12)     spool <SID>_upgrade817.log
13)     run conversion script (@u0801060.sql
14)     ALTER SESSION SET EVENTS '10520 TRACE NAME CONTEXT OFF'
15)     Change init<SID>.ora:   _system_trig_enabled=true
16)     Bounce db  (shutdown, startup)
17)     update /etc/oratab with new ORACLE_HOME for database

Author: Joan Hsieh
  INET: joan.hsieh_at_tufts.edu