RE: Default role all

From: Deshpande, Kirti <kirti.deshpande_at_verizon.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 14:02:55 -0800

Bill,

If the user does not have any role specifically assigned as the DEFAULT role, then all newly assigned and existing roles are DEFAULT. You do not have to do anything special to make them all DEFAULT.

On the other hand, if you have set any existing role as a DEFAULT (alter user dummy default role dummy_role;) and want to make all the newly assigned roles default, you will have to run that command you mentioned..

There is no other table/view to see the role assignment to users.

HTH,

Author: Bill Becker
  INET: beckerb_at_mfldclin.edu

Author: Deshpande, Kirti
  INET: kirti.deshpande_at_verizon.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Jan 29 2002 - 16:02:55 CST