Re: export the schema exclude two tables?

From: <Jared.Still_at_radisys.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 11:26:21 -0800

Mogens:

And to think I went to all the trouble to write a korn script for export that
lets you specify tables to exclude, among other things. :)

Please don't ask me for the script unless you are prepared to remove the site dependencies and send me back the genericized script. :)

Jared

Mogens Nørgaard <mln_at_miracleas.dk>
Sent by: root_at_fatcity.com
01/29/02 08:00 AM
Please respond to ORACLE-L

        To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: export the schema exclude two tables?

  Well.

I've done it several times, ie modify the exutab or exu7tab or whatever view to do something special like exporting all tables except ... or export of a tablespace (!), etc. As long as you modify the export views, run the modified catexp, do the export, then re-run the original catexp you're fine. It's just a bunch of views used by the database. Nothing dangerous in that - except, of course, if you specify something wrong and doesn't export the data you want. Just remember to go back to the real and correct definitions of the views after your special export.

Mogens

Jared.Still_at_radisys.com <mailto:Jared.Still_at_radisys.com> wrote:

>Raj,
>
>You are obviously one dangerous dude.
>
>We're watching you. :)
>
>Newbies: He didn't mean it. Don't try this stuff on your databases!
>
>JARed
>

>Rajesh.Rao_at_chase.com <mailto:Rajesh.Rao_at_chase.com>
>Sent by: root_at_fatcity.com <mailto:root_at_fatcity.com>
>01/24/02 03:50 PM
>Please respond to ORACLE-L
>

> To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
<ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> <mailto:ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>

Author: Mogens =?ISO-8859-1?Q?N=F8rgaard?=
  INET: mln_at_miracleas.dk

  INET: Jared.Still_at_radisys.com