RE: Oracle trace file on/off

From: Deshpande, Kirti <kirti.deshpande_at_verizon.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 10:58:00 -0800

Here you go...

  1. Find the OSPID for the suspected user (other than pmon, smon and their famiy)

select s.username, p.spid
from v$session s, v$process p
where s.paddr = p.addr;

2) Use oradebug to connect to that spid (here I have 26073, and the session was tracing event 10046)

SVRMGR> oradebug setospid 26073
Oracle pid: 11, Unix process pid: 26073, image: oracle_at_myservername (TNS V1-V3)

3) Dump the events for the connected spid...

SVRMGR> oradebug dump events 1
Statement processed.

4) Look in the trace file in the udump directory..

Following is what you see in the trace file when the session is not tracing.....

Dump event group for level SESSION
TC Addr Evt#(b10) Action TR Addr Arm Life

~

I thank Ross for his nifty hints and his time last night, when I was having a 'brain fart' while testing this...

I learned something new from him... :)

Cheers!

Author: Deshpande, Kirti
  INET: kirti.deshpande_at_verizon.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Jan 29 2002 - 12:58:00 CST