adpatch question

From: Bellows, Bambi <BBellows_at_usg.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 10:40:56 -0800

Hi Folks!

I'm in the middle of an 11.5.5 upgrade. Now, if you've done that type of thing before, you know those suckers just run forever, and if you leave it running overnight, you generally come in the next day to find that things failed overnight. Well, that's where I was. I left this sucker to run overnight, and, when I came in, sure enough, worker 4 had crapped out with a java error. I checked metalink, and it said skip it, and when you're done with 1808429 (the 11.5.5 upgrade patch), just run asfakreg.jlt manually. Fine. No big deal. I went into adctrl and everything was in a wait state except for ol number 4 which crapped out. I chose hidden option 8 (skip this thing) and the status changed to Skip & restart. Great. Except it didn't. Evidently, having no response for X amount of time, all my workers stopped. Again, no big deal, just re-run adpatch and let it start where it crapped out. Well, now we run into a big deal, because it can't change the status from Skip & restart to anything that will allow adpatch to start again (like, maybe, failed where it was before I "fixed" it).

I'm thinking of going under the sheets, finding the $%^&* table and updating the status myself. Anyone have any reason why that's not such a great idea? Anyone have any other sneaky ways to change the status? Anyone have a list of the hidden options that Oracle doesn't tell you about (like ol number 8 there?)?

aTdHvAaNnKcSe!
Bambi.

Author: Bellows, Bambi
  INET: BBellows_at_usg.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Jan 29 2002 - 12:40:56 CST