RE: Database Performance Question

From: Deshpande, Kirti <kirti.deshpande_at_verizon.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 08:27:27 -0800

You have done very nicely so far in tuning those joins... but... More questions to you :

1. Why do you think this is still a database problem?
2. Will partitioning those larger tables help the queries?
3. What have you checked to make sure that the bottleneck is not the
web-server?
4. Are these connections persistent or the app connects/disconnects when accessing the database?

Looking for answers to these questions may help you locate other opportunities to improve upon..

Author: Deshpande, Kirti
  INET: kirti.deshpande_at_verizon.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Jan 29 2002 - 10:27:27 CST