RE: sqlplus question

From: Rajesh Dayal <Rajesh_at_ohitelecom.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 01:07:08 -0800

I was also trying to put some script on Oracle scheduler and successful too. But on Oracle 8
I failed. It was successful on Oracle 8i (8 doesn't support execute immediate). Would appreciate,
if someone can give equivalent code for Oracle 8.

        Here is the code for Oracle 8i,

create or replace PROCEDURE SWITCH IS
  2 BEGIN
  3 execute immediate 'alter system switch logfile ';   4 commit ;
  5 END;
6 /

Thanks in Advance,
Rajesh