OT: Using Java Blocks Can Anyone Help?

From: Jay Wade <fish_dba_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 04:44:39 -0800

<FONT face="Times New Roman"
size=3>hello: Can you run a Java Store Procedure as an anonymous block?  I'm trying to do as suggested and use Java to delete an operating system file (Win2k/NT). The only issue is that this must be executed in script format without storing any objects or references in the database.  Since I am using 8.1.6I figured that I might be able to do it all as a sql file with anonymous Java blocks.  Can this be done?  If do does anyone have an example of the syntax that would be needed to delete a file from a passed parameter?  I'vestarted experimenting with the below but so far have been unsuccessful, in getting the block to execute.  Unfortunately I know very little Java so any help or directory would be greatly
appreciated. Begin
public class Hello

{

/* Pure Java
Code*/

static public String Msg(String tail)
{

return "Hello " +
tail;

}         } Thanks in
advance, Jay Received on Mon Jan 28 2002 - 06:44:39 CST