RE: Hot backup and TEMP tablespace

From: Deshpande, Kirti <kirti.deshpande_at_verizon.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 08:28:56 -0800

You are right.

Excluding TEMP tablespace from hot backups is not a problem at all.

Your in-house instructions/docs about recovering the database should spell out what to do after performaing the recovery.

Also if your version of Oracle supports the TEMPFILEs and TEMPORARY tablespaces, consider those for TEMP tablespaces. Please refer to Note# 160426.1 on Metalink for details.

Author: Deshpande, Kirti
  INET: kirti.deshpande_at_verizon.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Sat Jan 26 2002 - 10:28:56 CST