RE: exec shell command

From: Post, Ethan <Ethan.Post_at_ps.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 12:14:53 -0800

I was wondering how to do that. My way of doing it was to surround a block of code with a while loop and redirect the contents of the fake loop.

while (( 1 = 1 ))
do
  code here
  break
done > script.log 2>&1

cat script.log

In regards to your actual question I think you have to explicity redirect standard error and output back to the terminal. I am sure someone will supply the exact syntax.

Author: Post, Ethan
  INET: Ethan.Post_at_ps.net

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Jan 22 2002 - 14:14:53 CST