RE: Connect as sysdba on 9i

From: eric harrington <eharrington_at_ecora.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 07:12:49 -0800

Try: <FONT color=#000000
size=2>
sqlplus "/ as sysdba"
I suspect the /
indicates current OS user and if you belong to the SYSDBA or SYSOPER groups then you will be connected.  SYS is probably not a member of these groups.
I haven't tested
this.

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: root_at_fatcity.com   [mailto:root_at_fatcity.com]On Behalf Of Daiminger, HelmutSent:   Tuesday, January 22, 2002 7:05 AMTo: Multiple recipients of list   ORACLE-LSubject: Connect as sysdba on 9i   Hi!
  I have a question concerning "connect sys as sydba" on   9i.
  When I open sqlplus and connect as sysdba (I'm logged in as   the Unix oracle user):
  sqlplus "sys as sysdba"
  Oracle asks for a password. Even if I type in the wrong   password, I am connected to Oracle. So does Oracle just use the OS   authentication (like connect internal did on 8i)?   But why is Oracle asking for a password in the first place   then? Any ideas?
  This is 9.0.1 on Sun Solaris.
  Thanks, Helmut Received on Tue Jan 22 2002 - 09:12:49 CST