RE: Re: How can I tell if a procedure/package is running?

From: Hallas John <John.Hallas_at_btcellnet.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 03:58:57 -0800

Sinardy,
This only tells you if an object exists not if it is running - or even if it is valid unless status is elected from dba_objects as well.

There was a thread around 30/10/01 with the appropriate title 'How can I tell if a procedure/package is running?'  - I am not sure if it is the same thread that we are on now. The following quote came from a reply by Steve Adams

You can look at the mode in which the stored procedure or package is pinned in the library cache. This information is in

X$KGLOB.KGLHDPMD. A value of 2 indicates that the object is pinned in shared mode by one or more sessions. If necessary,

you can join to X$KGLPN to find the sessions holding the pins. See "executing_packages.sql" at http://www.ixora.com.au/scripts/misc.htm#executing_packages for an example.

HTH John

Author: =?iso-8859-1?q?Connor=20McDonald?=
  INET: hamcdc_at_yahoo.co.uk

Fat City Network Services    -- (858) 538-5051  FAX: (858) 538-5051
San Diego, California        -- Public Internet access / Mailing Lists

  INET: Roland.Skoldblom_at_ica.se

Fat City Network Services    -- (858) 538-5051  FAX: (858) 538-5051

Author: Sinard Xing
  INET: sinardyxing_at_bcs-ach.com.sg

Fat City Network Services    -- (858) 538-5051  FAX: (858) 538-5051
San Diego, California        -- Public Internet access / Mailing Lists

This electronic message contains information from the mmO2 plc Group
which may be privileged or confidential. The information is intended to be
for the use of the individual(s) or entity named above. If you are not the
intended recipient be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or
use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have received
this electronic message in error, please notify us by telephone or email
(to the numbers or address above) immediately.