Possible sqlnet problem please help

From: Jeroen van Sluisdam <jeroen.van.sluisdam_at_vrijuit.nl>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 00:50:36 -0800

Hi,

We have a batch running about 7 hours on our production system that is on HP-UX and using OCI-calls to get data from a database thats on another Unix-machine
This same batch is running on our development-system in about 1.30 hr. I have run this batch on our production system this morning so not on the regular moment
and it took 1.15 hr

As far as we know there is not much correspondig acitvity on tables involved at the same time
during nightly execution of the batch. I suspect this is due to the extra communication
between the machines because the slow part in the batch is processing lots of
data. All seperate statements are explained and do not indicate any problems.

What is the best way of finding the cause of this problem because I cannot find anything
about tracing possible network-problems.

Details: HP-UX 10.20, Oracle 7.3.4, no SDU or TDU parameters set in listener.ora and tnsnames.ora
Only following parameters in listener.ora on database server STARTUP_WAIT_TIME_LISTENER = 0
CONNECT_TIMEOUT_LISTENER = 10
TRACE_LEVEL_LISTENER = OFF Tia,

Jeroen

Author: Jeroen van Sluisdam
  INET: jeroen.van.sluisdam_at_vrijuit.nl

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Jan 22 2002 - 02:50:36 CST