RE: Server mode

From: Craig Munday <Craig.Munday_at_ecard.com.au>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 15:09:31 -0800

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff

size=2>Bunyamin,
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff

size=2>
Are
the clients connected directly to the database or do they connect through some type of application server like JBoss or Web Logic?  If they are connecting to an application server then you can get away with a lot less connections and use dedicated servers.  The theory goes that not all users will be doing work all the time so you are able to share a single database connection between multiple clients.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff

size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff

size=2>Cheers,
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff

size=2>Craig.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff

size=2>

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Bunyamin K. Karadeniz   [mailto:bunyamink_at_havelsan.com.tr]Sent: Sunday, 20 January 2002   12:55 AMTo: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-LSubject:   Server mode
  My first question is , I need a database   where 1000 clients will work .Which is better ?   Dedicated Server Mode or Shared Server Mode   ?
  RAM : 8 GB
  CPU : 8 * 1000 MHZ
  WIN 2K

  My second question is , I can not select more   then 600 mb of RAM to be the buffer cache . How can I solve this?
  Thank you .
  Bunyamin