TNS-12500 intermittent errors

From: Jo King <rob.langmuir_at_virgin.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 12:52:12 -0800

Environment NT4 4Gb RAMPage Filesize
4.5GbOracle Version 8.0.5.1.1

We have recently been experiencing intermittent TNS-12500 Listener unable to create a dedicated server process messages. It does occur when we have around 300 + processes, but even then it appears hit and miss.
It has all the hallmarks of being a resource problem, but none of the measurements at time of error(s) seem to bear this out. Once
the processes count is reduced ever so slightly, the problem goes away !

Peak memory usage : - Just over 2GbOracle Process memory usage max - approx 1.7 GbMax Oracle Processes - 318Initialization Parm - Processes = 500

Before I start tracing the listener, I thought I'd ask this list for any ideas.

regards..../Bob Received on Sun Jan 20 2002 - 14:52:12 CST