LogMiner and ORA-03113

From: Walter K <alden14004_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 13:12:02 -0800

I'm trying to analyze some archive logs via LogMiner and I keep getting the error ORA-03113 (end of file on communications channel) when I query the V$LOGMNR_CONTENTS view. I did a "new" and "start" prior to running the query. This process that I am going through works on some log files but not on others. The log files aren't corrupted because I can restore/recover the database and apply the logs successfully for a roll-forward. I'm just running a 'select count(*)' query at this point.

Has anyone else encountered this and come up with a solution?

I've checked MetaLink, Google, etc and so far have not come up with anything that describes what may be the cause. I'm running 8.1.7.2 (64bit) on Solaris 8.

MANY thanks in advance.

-w

Do You Yahoo!?
Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!
http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/

Author: Walter K
  INET: alden14004_at_yahoo.com

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Jan 18 2002 - 15:12:02 CST