RE: Standby Instance questions and HA

From: James McCann <james_at_openet-telecom.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 04:07:12 -0800

Hi,
thanks for you advice.

Let me see if I've got it straight...

So what you are using is purely OS based.

No special Oracle software.

There is only one node available at a time, and if it fails, then the second one starts up, in roughly the same state as the first (i.e. no uncommitted transactions lost)?
But the power of the second node cannot be utilised in conjunction with the first.
Is this correct?

Thanks,

Jim

Author: Baker, Barbara
  INET: bbaker_at_denvernewspaperagency.com

Author: Mohan, Ross
  INET: MohanR_at_STARS-SMI.com

Author: James McCann
  INET: james_at_openet-telecom.com