Import taking up too much room with local managed tablespace

From: Conrad, Ben <BConrad_at_uspowersolutions.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 10:41:15 -0800

Hi,

I created a tablespaces in a test database to be locally managed with an extent size of 20544K.  A normal database import usually will fill a datafile with 5.8GB of data (on a dictionary managed tblspace) but with the local it has run out of space with the (2) 6GB files that I allocated to it.  I noticed that during the import the datafiles were filling up quite fast (too fast).  Data file 1 was filling up about 4x as fast as data file 2 during the import.

Why did this happen?  FYI, I have the compress=y set on the export if that makes any difference.

Thanks,

Ben.

Benjamin Conrad
Sr. Network Administrator
USPowerSolutions
mailto:bconrad_at_uspowersolutions.com
617.547.3800 x195

 This e-mail communication and any attachments are confidential and intended only for the use of the designated recipients named above.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this communication in error and that any review, disclosure, dissemination, or distribution of it or its contents is prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify USPowerSolutions Corporation immediately by telephone at (617)547-3800 or via e-mail at ops_at_uspowersolutions.com and destroy all copies of this communication and any attachments. Received on Thu Jan 17 2002 - 12:41:15 CST