Re: USER DUMP HOW?

From: Dale Edgar <dale_at_databee.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 10:41:13 -0800

Hi Diego

> Or you can write your own scripts, I have found this one between my
scripts,
> I have never tested, I prefer to use Import/Export for that kind of job.

The easy way to do this is to get the Freeware DBATool. It will read an export file (created ROWS=N) and present you with the DDL contents in a nicely formatted and intuitive manner.

It does lots of other things as well - you can generate recreate scripts for all or part of a schema. (for example: a script that recreates a role and every grant it has). The DBATool can strip of storage clause information from every DDL bit code with a single button press or dump the entire schema out to an HTML tree and just browse through the DDL as it suits you.

The DBATool is currently in beta. The second beta release (which cleaned up a lot of 9i issues) was just released today. Download the DBATool from http://www.databee.com/dt_home.htm

Cheers
Dale Edgar
Net 2000 Ltd.