RE: Freeable memory

From: Diego Cutrone <dcutrone_at_afip.gov.ar>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 10:32:16 -0800

Hi Michael:

      Why don't you use this Steve Adams' script to check the fragmentation of your shared pool, it may be badly
fragmented and this problem could generate a lot of pressure at the shared pool latch.
And this situation can also generate contention at a lower level latch (like the library cache latch).
Make sure the session has been up and running for some time before running it and don't execute any
shared pool flush before running it, or your data would be misleading.

       Here's the script, or you can dowload it from IXORA site. www.ixora.com.au

---
--

select
  decode(sign(ksmchsiz - 80), -1, 0, trunc(1/log(ksmchsiz - 15, 2)) - 5)     bucket,

@restore_sqlplus_settings

HTH
Diego Cutrone

Author: Diego Cutrone
  INET: dcutrone_at_afip.gov.ar

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Jan 17 2002 - 12:32:16 CST