Partitioning and tkprof

From: Robertson Lee - lerobe <lerobe_at_acxiom.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 09:49:59 -0800

<FONT face=Arial

size=2>All,
<FONT face=Arial

size=2>
Could of any of you
ladies and gents take a peek at this and give me idea of what the explain plan is getting at  ??
<FONT face=Arial

size=2>
<FONT face=Arial

size=2>Rows     Execution Plan-------

0  SELECT STATEMENT   GOAL:
CHOOSE      0   PARTITION
(CONCATENATED)      0    TABLE
ACCESS   GOAL: ANALYZED (BY LOCAL INDEX ROWID) OF
'PG_UK_CATEGORY_VENDOR'
0     INDEX   GOAL: ANALYZED (RANGE SCAN) OF
'PG_UK_CATEGORY_VENDOR_K' (NON-UNIQUE)
<FONT face=Arial

size=2>
My limited knowledge
would lead me to guess that this is going to all the partitions (well more than one anyway) to find the info. it is looking for. There is a problem with this process as it tends to take quite a bit of time. I was just hoping to be nudged in the right direction. FYI. The partition key is not part of the index on the table.
<FONT face=Arial

size=2>
<FONT face=Arial

size=2>Regards
<FONT face=Arial

size=2>
<FONT face=Arial

size=2>Lee

The information contained in this communication is confidential, is intended only for the use of the recipient named above, and may be legally privileged. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please re-send this communication to the sender and delete the original message or any copy of it from your computer system. Received on Thu Jan 17 2002 - 11:49:59 CST