Re: Database Views

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_cybcon.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 07:50:25 -0800

This is why data marts were created.

You would be much better off to create a reporting database based on the data you need to see.

You won't be happy doing this with views from several databases.

It won't perform well. As Rachel pointed out it will be inconsistent.

At the very least you could create snapshots of these tables so that all of the data would be locally available.

Just my $0.02.

Jared

Author: Jared Still
  INET: jkstill_at_cybcon.com