Oracle dev/test schema generation tool.

From: Mark Leith <mark_at_cool-tools.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 05:41:24 -0800

Hi List,

I'd like to take the opportunity to ask if any of you would be interested in testing a copy of a new tool that is available through Cool-Tools (from a company called Net2000 Ltd. run by another of our list members Dale Edgar) *free of charge*. We are looking for people to test it out, and provide feedback/constructive criticism.

Interested? Read on..

The tool is called the DataBee DBATool (a subset of a chargeable tool called DataBee, that creates referentially intact subsets of production databases) which was broken away from the main product, as it's a pretty handy tool in it's own right.

It reads a standard Oracle export file (created with the ROWS=N option) and processes the contents. Once the export file is loaded, the database DDL is easily accessible via a user interface. Here are some of the features:

View various DDL components (or groups of components) in a neatly formatted and intuitive manner.

Create dependent object scripts. For example, the DDL for a table and all of its associated indexes, primary keys, synonyms etc can be viewed at the press of a button.

Generate drop, truncate (including foreign key disables and re-enables) or recompile scripts for any DDL object or group of objects.

Generate SQL scripts that can recreate the DDL for a schema.

Write the DDL out as HTML pages. The HTML pages are presented in an intuitive and interlinked tree structure that can be accessed by any web browser.

Easily strip storage clause and tablespace information from table and index DDL. Create rule files which can manipulate the DDL in a consistent and reproducible manner (such as changing tablespace storage for Tables / indexes etc.).

If you would be interested in testing this out (or just having a copy as it's *FREE*) then send a message to me off the list, and I will send you a download URL on our web site so that you can grab yourself a copy (let's keep these off the list please). If you do have any further questions about the tool, then direct them to the list (we could all learn something) and either myself or Dale will try to answer your questions.

Thanks for your time,

Mark

 Mark Leith             | T: +44 (0)1905 330 281
 Sales & Marketing      | F: +44 (0)870 127 5283
 Cool Tools UK Ltd      | E: mark_at_cool-tools.co.uk
           http://www.cool-tools.co.uk
       Maximising throughput & performance

Author: Mark Leith
  INET: mark_at_cool-tools.co.uk

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Jan 16 2002 - 07:41:24 CST