RE: Oracle Performance monitoring tools.

From: Deshpande, Kirti <kirti.deshpande_at_verizon.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 21:07:49 -0800

We don't use OEM.

We have SQLab from Quest.
We have TOAD from Quest.
We have SpotLight from Quest.
We have StorageXpert from Quest (it does not work with Oracle Names and Oracle 9i client, yet. I am waiting for Gaja to return from his much deserved vacation to fix this problem, now that we are a paying Customer ;-)

We have PATROL from BMC.

And...
we have a bunch of our own scripts... that we can very easily change when new Oracle versions or features are installed or utilized. I hate being the 'tester' for these high priced 3rd party tools that do not keep up with new features/versions of Oracle. Although almost all say that they are 'business partners' with Oracle and have access to new releases before us peasants get it...but...

Author: Chuan Zhang
  INET: Chuan.Zhang_at_transact.com.au

Author: Deshpande, Kirti
  INET: kirti.deshpande_at_verizon.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Jan 15 2002 - 23:07:49 CST