Re: limit user CPU usage

From: Ron Rogers <RROGERS_at_galottery.org>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 12:20:24 -0800

Kevin,
You could try creating a profile with the cpu_per_call and cpu_per_session set ta a particular value. It will limit the amount of time in hundredths of a second to the user assigned to the profile. I woul experiment with the values before I assigned it to a user. The manual does not say it will act as a choke on cpu usage other than time.
ROR mª¿ªm

>>> kwang_at_vivonet.com 01/15/02 01:10PM >>>
Hi, Guys,

Is there some parameters or user-profile prometers in Oracle can limit user CPU usage?
I mean, make specific user or all users use less CPU, I has a SQL query that use 100% CPU.
I know the SQL is bad, but before developer change it, Is there something I can do?
Any suggestion will be highly appreciated. My environment is Oracle8.1.6 on Win2000.

Thanks,

Kevin Wang

Author: Ron Rogers
  INET: RROGERS_at_galottery.org