Re: new to DBA

From: Charlie Mengler <charliem_at_mwh.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 13:02:07 -0800

Been there, Burned out!
Gee, lucky you.
You get to do two full time jobs at your current salary.

If you are bored & are looking for new things to do & learn, then accept the offer.

If you are fully loaded or overloaded,
then ask which tasks you get to hand off to sombody else.

HTH & YMMV
HAND!

Production wrote:

> Hi dear all
>
> A few days ago I was surprised by my IT manager who has offered to me
> to administer local Sun box with Oracle 8i.
>
> I have a near-deep experience with Solaris system administration
> (about 4 year) but I have doubts regarding administration of
> Oracle+Solaris.
>
> *** (hurray, this is the question section!) ***
>
> From what I must to start to deeping into DBA business? Is it enough -
> careful reading of Oracle documentation? I really confused ;-[
>
> ***
>
> thank you!
>
> Andy

> Author: Production
> INET: production_at_europaplus.dp.ua

Charlie Mengler                       Maintenance Warehouse
charliem_at_mwh.com                      10641 Scripps Summit Ct.
858-831-2229                          San Diego, CA 92131
I'm as busy as a one armed wall paper hanger!
Author: Charlie Mengler
  INET: charliem_at_mwh.com