RE: Installation Problems

From: Sherman, Paul R. <PSherman_at_elcom.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 22:36:03 -0800

The proper way to back out almost all Oracle installations on a PC is as follows:

  1. De-install the Oracle application using the CD that you used to do the installation
  2. Delete the folder under which you installed the Oracle application
  3. Delete all Oracle folders and files referencing that Oracle application from the registry under hkey_local_machine\software
  4. Delete all Oracle folders and files referencing that Oracle application from the registry under hkey_local_machine\system, any/all controlset, including currentcontrolset
  5. Reboot your PC - this should clear the other areas of the registry, i.e., hkey_local_user, et al
  6. Depending on the Oracle application, you may need to delete/modify some of the environmental i.e., system variables, if/where applicable to the operating system; a check never hurts
  7. You may not be able to delete the folder in step 2; if so, after the reboot, you should be able to; if not, you more than likely still have something referencing a file in that folder.

Paul
DBA
Elcom, Inc.

Author: JoJo Al-Zawawi
  INET: jojo_at_jojo-zawawi.com

Author: Sherman, Paul R.
  INET: PSherman_at_elcom.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Sat Jan 12 2002 - 00:36:03 CST