Installation Problems

From: JoJo Al-Zawawi <jojo_at_jojo-zawawi.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 18:54:31 -0800

Hi all,

I just tried to install Oracle 9i personal edition for Win98 on my Win98 PC.

After quite a bit of installation, it got to a part where it was creating some database or something, and I got an error: "The program encountered an invalid page exception. Fault location: 0028:0022 Interrupts in service: None" And it advised me to reboot, which I did.

Now I cannot get the installation program to re-start, no matter what I do, from the CD-ROM, from the computer, from running various programs on the CD-ROM, what have you. I can't un-install it because (a) it doesn't show up on Windows' uninstall list and (b) the Oracle installer won't run.

It starts to run (a brief flash of the "installer" graphic), then the CD-ROM quits and nothing happens.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
JoJo

Author: JoJo Al-Zawawi
  INET: jojo_at_jojo-zawawi.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Jan 11 2002 - 20:54:31 CST