Connection problem

From: Rusnak, George A. <rusnakga_at_hqlee.deca.mil>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 09:00:57 -0800

Group,
I have a development and a production system. Both are Sun/Solaris, Oracle 8.1.7.2.
I have an identical db link to a remote server on both of my servers. I can connect to remote host using the user/password that is in the db link.

On my development server:

         webdev:> select count(*) from bookings_at_ibs_prod.deca.mil;

         COUNT(*)
         ----------
         199494

On my production server:
         webprod:> select count(*) from bookings_at_ibs_prod.deca.mil;
          select count(*) from bookings_at_ibs_prod.deca.mil
                                                       *
         ERROR at line 1:
         ORA-02068: following severe error from IBS_PROD
         ORA-03114: not connected to ORACLE

We ran a trace from our end and saw where we reached the remote site from our production server and then
received a disconnect from the remote host. We have no privs on the remote host. I have passed this info on to my POC at the remote host. Can anyone either explain this or suggest places to investigate to resolve this issue.

TIA Al Rusnak

DeCA: 804-734-8453

           rusnakga_at_hqlee.deca.mil

Author: Rusnak, George A.
  INET: rusnakga_at_hqlee.deca.mil

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Jan 11 2002 - 11:00:57 CST