RE: The OCP bar is being raised

From: Kimberly Smith <ksmith2_at_myfirstlink.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 08:33:01 -0800

<SPAN
class=810430016-10012002>Actually, looks like to me that they simply revised their Masters program.  Its exactly
the
same requirements except they now added an exam at the end.  Not to many
folks
were going after the Master level except for the actual Oracle employees.

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: root_at_fatcity.com   [mailto:root_at_fatcity.com]On Behalf Of Bowes, ChrisSent:   Thursday, January 10, 2002 7:05 AMTo: Multiple recipients of list   ORACLE-LSubject: RE: The OCP bar is being   raised
  I'd say the cost is being raised.  Look at the   requirements for each.  You can't just take the OCM exam.  No we   would first have to get the OCA.  Whether or not we need the entry level   cert we have to have it.  Then, and only then, can we take the OCP.    Then and only then, can we take the OCM and that is after we take these   REQUIRED classes from Oracle Ed.  So someone the caliber of Steve Adams   or Jared Still, has to spend money in a class that they could probably teach   from memory before they can get certification and that is after getting 2   other certs that have no value to them.  Call me a cynic, but to me, this   is nothing but a money grab.
  From the website:
--To become an Oracle Associate, you must pass the exams
  required -- for the Oracle Associate level of your   selected job role. Typically, --two exams are   required; the first one can be taken via the Internet, <FONT   size=2>--while subsequent exams must be taken in a proctored environment. By
--completing your Oracle Associate, you are half-way
  toward achieving the -- Oracle Certified Professional   credential.
--To become an Oracle Certified Professional, you must pass
  all required exams --in your selected job role,   including those at the Associate level.
--To become an Oracle Certified Master, you must first be an
  Oracle --Certified Professional. Additionally,   achieving your OCM credential --requires attending two   advanced level Oracle University courses from --the   list shown on this page as well as passing the OCM Practicum exam.

--Chris
-----Original Message----- From:

  dgoulet_at_vicr.com [<A
  href="mailto:dgoulet_at_vicr.com">mailto:dgoulet_at_vicr.com] <FONT   size=2>Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2002 9:16 AM To:   Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L Subject: The OCP   bar is being raised
  Anyone care to comment on the following, IMHO it's about   time: <FONT