BUG? Inserting BLOB or CLOB values when table and field names are created with "quotes"

From: daniel szabo <iwo_at_bgcom.hu>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 08:23:42 -0800

Hello, i don't know if it's a bug, but probably, yes. The case is the following:

We're using Oracle server 8.1.6, running on MS Windows 2000, and Oracle OLEDB Provider version 8.1.7.02 on the client side. We're tried to use ADO 2.6 sp1 to create ADO Command objects to insert data values to BLOB or CLOB fields.

The cases were the following:

  1. If you create the table and field names with quotes ("tablename", "FieldName", etc), then you cannot insert BLOB or CLOB values larger than 4000 bytes (error is: Invalid Column Name). Data which is smaller or equal then 4000 bytes is simply OK.
  2. If you create the table and field names without quotes (create table blobtest (id number, bdata blob);), then all names are capitalised to UPPER CASE, AND YOU ARE ABLE TO INSERT DATA normally (large as you want).

I don't know, if it's a bug inside the Oracle, or what.

Any suggestions?

Author: daniel szabo
  INET: iwo_at_bgcom.hu

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Jan 10 2002 - 10:23:42 CST