RE: The OCP bar is being raised

From: Bowes, Chris <Chris.Bowes_at_kosa.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 07:31:09 -0800

I'd say the cost is being raised.  Look at the requirements for each.  You can't just take the OCM exam.  No we would first have to get the OCA.  Whether or not we need the entry level cert we have to have it.  Then, and only then, can we take the OCP.  Then and only then, can we take the OCM and that is after we take these REQUIRED classes from Oracle Ed.  So someone the caliber of Steve Adams or Jared Still, has to spend money in a class that they could probably teach from memory before they can get certification and that is after getting 2 other certs that have no value to them.  Call me a cynic, but to me, this is nothing but a money grab.

From the website:

--To become an Oracle Associate, you must pass the exams required

--To become an Oracle Certified Professional, you must pass all required exams
--in your selected job role, including those at the Associate level.

--To become an Oracle Certified Master, you must first be an Oracle
--Certified Professional. Additionally, achieving your OCM credential
--requires attending two advanced level Oracle University courses from
--the list shown on this page as well as passing the OCM Practicum exam.

--Chris