RE: Clone a database

From: Jeremiah Wilton <jwilton_at_speakeasy.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2002 10:47:34 -0800

Yes, export may not take longer than file copy if you are cloning a tiny database less than 1 Gb.

However, export will always be more complicated to use for cloning, and more error-prone.

Some related supporting points can be found at:

http://www.speakeasy.org/~jwilton/oracle/export-backups.html

--
Jeremiah Wilton
http://www.speakeasy.net/~jwilton

-- Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.com -- Author: Jeremiah Wilton INET: jwilton_at_speakeasy.net Fat City Network Services -- (858) 538-5051 FAX: (858) 538-5051 San Diego, California -- Public Internet access / Mailing Lists -------------------------------------------------------------------- To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing).