Re: XML implementation

From: Marin Dimitrov <marin.dimitrov_at_sirma.bg>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2002 01:53:03 -0800

<BLOCKQUOTE

  Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2002
  10:26
  Subject: XML implementation
  <FONT
  size=2>
  What we intend to try is a B2B (business to   business) implementation. Receive invoices from suppliers etc.

the definition of the task is quite vague - it sounds like u would like to solve some problem using a computer

Anyways, the places to start reading from are:

Oracle XML pages - <A
href="http://technet.oracle.com/tech/xml/content.html">http://technet.oracle.com/tech/xml/content.html

BizTalk - the MS technology for EAI and b2b exchange - <A href="http://www.biztalk.org/home/default.asp">http://www.biztalk.org/home/default.asp

ebXML - yet another standard for b2b exchange -  http://www.ebxml.org/

I do recommend that you read about Web Services and SOAP too (far too many resources to be listed)

last time we implemented a b2b exchange we exchanged business requests in XML format (propriety schema, standards were not mature yet) using SOAP. The client applications were either Java, or COM components and they talked to a java application server (where all the business rules were) connected to an Oracle db

(I will send u a comprehensive list or links if u decide what u're interested in)

hth,

    Marin

<FONT
size=2><FONT
size=2>----"...what you brought from your past, is of no use in your present. When you must choose a new path, do not bring old experiences with you. Those who strike out afresh, but who attempt to retain a little of the old life, end up torn apart by their own memories. "