RE: _system_trig_enabled=false question

From: Reardon, Bruce (CALBBAY) <Bruce.Reardon_at_comalco.riotinto.com.au>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 23:47:43 -0800

Jay,

My understanding is it turns off system triggers - ie logon, logoff, database startup, object drop, creation etc

Whether I would allow user access would depend on if your application uses these sort of triggers.
eg do you have triggers to audit object dropping / creation? Do you have DB startup triggers that run necessary packages, do you have a login triggers that (eg) sets a default schema?

Note, as per another lister, I also have had problems removing JVM and re-installing it.
By problems, I mean I had to drop the database and rebuild it to reload the JVM - luckily this was only in test.
I opened a TAR on it but the response was over a number of months and never reached a solution.

Why do you need to drop the JVM totally? Did you have JVM in your 804 database (I don't think this was possible) or have you started the install since going up to 817? Can you just continue the JVM install on from where you were up to before?

Regards,
Bruce Reardon

Author: Reardon, Bruce (CALBBAY)
  INET: Bruce.Reardon_at_comalco.riotinto.com.au