RE: Re[2]: Becoming a DBA questions

From: Aschenbrenner, Alan <alan.aschenbrenner_at_ihs.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 09:31:54 -0800

    Perhaps a better way to put it is the buying power is the same in relation to the average salary. The cost of living may be 3 times the amount as another place, but the going rate for a DBA there will also be roughly 3 times that of the other location. Thus, the same buying power. People just get caught up in the rather large sounding amount. (i.e. $245K a year sounds like a lot in American dollars...).

Alan Aschenbrenner
DBA
IHS Group
alan.aschenbrenner_at_ihs.com