Oracle Future???

From: Denham Eva <EvaD_at_TFMC.co.za>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 06:55:22 -0800

Hi Folks,

Wonder if anyone would like to comment, my MSSQL DBA sent me a couple of emails from a MSSQL mailing list, they were discussing the future of MSSQL.

Some of the comments included comments about our DB - Oracle. I've added two here...

...With Hyperion been seriously challenged and overrun by Analysis Services, oracle will completely die out as they integrate their current offering into Oracle9i. ....

...Oracle will become another Apple: 5% market share. ...

Do you guys agree? Is Oracle doing anything about the very serious threat that MSSQL is placing on their market share?

No, plans of changing personally, but wondering if cross education won't be beneficial:)

Regards
Denham

This e-mail message has been scanned for Viruses and Content and cleared by MailMarshal -
For more information please visit

      <A
href="http://www.marshalsoftware.com">www.marshalsoftware.com Received on Tue Jan 08 2002 - 08:55:22 CST