RE: Using Import/Export thru DBA studio requires OMS

From: Sherman, Paul R. <PSherman_at_elcom.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2002 13:33:21 -0800

Hello all,

If you take my advise, you will never, ever use DBA studio for exports or imports. To do it the correct DBA-approved-and-time-honored way is to do command line execution, either through an interactive session (if you are new to imp/exp), or use of full command line, or use of parfiles. Exports and imports are way too important to use DBA studio on. Be sure to use log files to review possible imp/exp errors.

Thank you,

Paul Sherman
DBA
voice - 781-501-4143 (office)