cannot update or edit in a view -- question

From: Steve McClure <smcclure_at_usscript.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2002 12:38:21 -0800

Hello all,
Last night I migrated our last production database from 7.3.4 to 8i. Things have gone quite well so far, but I have just been notified that some of our clients are receiving the above error while trying to issue updates.

My initial queries into this haven't been very fruitful, so I am taking the time to tap into your knowledge while I keep digging. To briefly state the problem. We have business clients that have remote access to our database. We use views to limit their access to records that are directly related to their individual organizations. Today, after the 8i conversion they are receiving the "Cannot update or edit from a view" error message. I haven't gotten the error number yet. In fact that is my next step. If I can identify the exact error message, perhaps I can rtfm.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Steve McClure
Duhveloper slowly evolving into a DBA

Author: Steve McClure
  INET: smcclure_at_usscript.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Jan 07 2002 - 14:38:21 CST