RE: EMC product DB tuner

From: Valuthur, Srikanth <SValuthur_at_erac.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2002 11:21:00 -0800

We have purchased DBTuner for all our prod servers. It is very costly. BUt It is very useful to the DBAs. As of now we are totally unaware of what is happening over the EMC Disk world. This tool allows us to interact with the Meta Volumes and tune accordingly. Another good thing with the tools is real life simulation. It could tell you how much of appreciation on results you will have if you make this change. Since most of the stuff is read only on this tool, the risk of damaging the system is relatively less. I am still new to this tool, But I have done quite a bit of work on this. We havent put it on production yet, BUt looking to do sometime in 1st quarter.

HTH Srikanth

Author: Kathy Duret
  INET: KathyD_at_belkin.com

Author: Valuthur, Srikanth
  INET: SValuthur_at_erac.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Jan 07 2002 - 13:21:00 CST