Re:PeopleSoft

From: <dgoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2002 11:11:16 -0800

Ron,

    We did the PeopleSoft HRMS thing a few years ago with 6.05. It since has been migrated/upgraded to 7.05 and is running just fine. Considering we were moving from 3x5 & 5x7 file cards to PeopleSoft it was easy, no data to convert. Since then it's been fairly quite, although we did not do Payroll, but instead use the ADP interface (UGH, that's UGLY!!). Implementation is not bad, for the most part you follow the instructions they provide, but double or triple the tablespace sizes. Also a full exp/imp is worth while for the first 18 months. After that things settle down pretty well. Now from a support point of view, if your going to be the only support person, then yes it's a full time job. If all your going to do is manager the database then no it isn't, hire a full-time PeopleSoft person to keep it that way(patches can kill you otherwise). OH, BTW, expect there to be a need for several PeopleSoft databases, yes more than one can exist inside one Oracle instance & it is supported by PeopleSoft. At a minimum you need three, production, demo, and test. Ideally you'll have production, demo, development x N, QA, test, patch, etc..... At last count we had 20 PeopleSoft databases just for our developers, so if your not an expert in exp/imp become one, post haste. Have fun, then convince damagement that they should have bought Oracle!!

Dick Goulet

Author: "Smith; Ron L." <rlsmith_at_kmg.com>
Date:       1/7/2002 8:35 AM

Our company is starting a major project to implement a Peoplesoft Payroll / Personnel system. Can anyone tell me
anything about PeopleSoft? Is it difficult to implement? Support? Is it a full time job for the DBA?

Thanks!
Ron Smith

Author: Smith, Ron L.
  INET: rlsmith_at_kmg.com

  INET: dgoulet_at_vicr.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Jan 07 2002 - 13:11:16 CST