RE: Becoming a DBA questions

From: Mark Leith <mark_at_cool-tools.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2002 09:12:05 -0800

Yup this *is* in the UK!!!

I was shocked when I heard about it also - it's one of Gerry's contacts.. The rates that you are talking about are probably around the "norm" for this area as well (Midlands / Birmingham type area), though I have heard of people making slightly more - £75-85 per hour, but this is REALLY rare.. Almost as rare as rocking horse crap (thank God rocking horses don't excrete! my little girl has one in her room)

It does go to show that if you look hard enough - these rates ARE achievable though..

The contact Gerry heard this from is in Middlesex (Uxbridge), and he has two of them on staff - the second one is *only* on £100 per hour.

Now, where did I put that resume and OCP exam guides? ;P

Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS
 INET: DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM

 INET: Jared.Still_at_radisys.com

Author: Sinard Xing
 INET: sinardyxing_at_bcs-ach.com.sg

This transmission is for the intended addressee only and is confidential information. If you have received this transmission in error, please delete it and notify the sender. The contents of this e-mail are the opinion of the writer only and are not endorsed by the Mincom Group of companies unless expressly stated otherwise.

Author: Mark Leith
  INET: mark_at_cool-tools.co.uk

The information contained in this communication is confidential, is intended only for the use of the recipient named above, and may be legally privileged. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please re-send this communication to the sender and delete the original message or any copy of it from your computer system.

Author: Robertson Lee - lerobe
  INET: lerobe_at_acxiom.co.uk

Author: Mark Leith
  INET: mark_at_cool-tools.co.uk

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Jan 07 2002 - 11:12:05 CST