RE: Recover Primary DB from Standby DB

From: Kimberly Smith <ksmith2_at_myfirstlink.net>
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2002 09:25:36 -0800

Actually, even something like Hp's ServiceGuard is not so graceful, depending on the app using the database. I have had a database fail and know one know and a different database fail and everyone know. You really have to take into account with the app that it might lose connection. You need to code in retries and all that stuff. If you get it coded in such a way that it can handle a 5 minute interruption then all is good.

Author: Rachel Carmichael
  INET: wisernet100_at_yahoo.com

Author: Kimberly Smith
  INET: ksmith2_at_myfirstlink.net