RE: Shared pool wait for library cache pin

From: Fedock, John (KAM.RHQ) <John.Fedock_at_KLINE.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2002 14:35:05 -0800

What a timely thread. I have been working on debugging a library cache lock issue as well. I am running 8.1.7 on HP-UX. When analyzing 1 certain table (estimate), I ALWAYS get a library cache lock. Then other sessions stack up waiting on this analyze statement. The analyze of any other table is fine. I know that analyzing a table should acquire an exclusive on the library cache, preventing any DDL changes, but DML should be okay.

Oracle has been working with me on this, but have not given any real concrete answers yet.

I feel that it may be related to my shared_pool being to large (100MB is free right now).

Also note the flushing the shared_pool does not help me.

Any other ideas?

Thanks.

John

john.fedock_at_kline.com