RE: Crystal Report as an ad-hoc tool

From: Nick Wagner <Nick.Wagner_at_quest.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2002 09:42:05 -0800

if you are dead-set using crystal...   I feel your pain.  In a previous life (job) I was a report writer/integrator... we used a Delphi front end, and Crystal provided us a couple of nice utilities to get into the structure of the application and change many of the queries and results.   We would give it different queries to run, different where clauses, even include hints.   And then we gave our users a limited number of different options in the gui so they did not hurt themselves or our database.

otherwise, skip to something a little nicer... I have heard Brio works very well.

Nick

Author: Gene Gurevich
  INET: g_u_r_e_v_i_c_h_at_yahoo.com
Fat City Network Services    -- (858) 538-5051  FAX: (858) 538-5051
San Diego, California        -- Public Internet access / Mailing Lists
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from).  You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Jan 04 2002 - 11:42:05 CST