RE: Recover Primary DB from Standby DB

From: Martin Kendall <m.kendall_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2002 08:33:25 -0800

Hi Jack,

I don't think that you really want to use the online redo logs in this scenario.

The problem is that the SCN at the exact time of failure may be different on the Standby and therefore the Primary DB's Control File will not be
"correct" for the given Datafiles being copied over from the Standby DB.

Martin

Author: Jack C. Applewhite
  INET: japplewhite_at_inetprofit.com