Re: FW: insert privilege across db link

From: <Jared.Still_at_radisys.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2002 17:22:58 -0800

Kathy,

It's been awhile since I've dealt with distributed databases, so I can't recall some of the details clearly.

This is just a prelude to telling you there's more than one way to do it, but the only one I can recall at the moment is the easiest one. :)

Recreate your database link to connect to the archiveuser rather than system.

Then browse the fine manual: Oracle8i Distributed Database Systems. :)

Jared

                    Kathy Duret

                    <KathyD_at_belkin       To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
<ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
                    .com>                cc:

                    Sent by:             Subject:     FW: insert privilege across db
link
                    root_at_fatcity.c

                    om

                    01/03/02 03:50

                    PM

                    Please respond

                    to ORACLE-L

Ok let's start over.....hopefully this will be clearer.

I created a public database link owned by system, system is the user I created the database link under.

created in my Production database:
create public database link ARCHIVE

connect to system identified by "&repadmin_pass" using 'ARCHIVE';

create public database link PROD
connect to system identified by "&repadmin_pass" using 'PROD';

User produser which owns the original tables is in the Production database User archiveuser owns the archive tables in the Archive database.

Triggers were created under produser in the PROD database so when a delete takes place a row is inserted into archiveuser table in the Archive database.

Triggers work fine when A schema tables are in Archive database.

I need to grant some sort of insert permission but how. Grant insert on atable to A_at_PROD doesn't work....
tried to grant insert on all tables to A, didn't work either.

I get a permission error when the triggers are fired SQL> @cre_trig

AFTER DELETE ON atable

                *

ERROR at line 2: