Re: Moving Oracle software

From: <Jared.Still_at_radisys.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2002 13:30:52 -0800

Just moving it is definitely not OK if the directory structures are not identical. Here's just one example, $ORACLE_HOME/bin/loadjava

#!/bin/sh
#
# %W% %E%
#

unset JAVA_HOME
JAVA_HOME=/www/OraHome1/JRE
export JAVA_HOME

JRECLASSPATH=/www/OraHome1/JRE/lib/rt.jar:/www/OraHome1/JRE/lib/i18n.jar:/www/OraHome1/jlib/javax-ssl-1_1.jar:/www/OraHo export JRECLASSPATH

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/lib:$JAVA_HOME/lib export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

exec $JAVA_HOME/bin/jre -classpath $JRECLASSPATH oracle.aurora.server.tools.loadjava.LoadJavaMain "$@"

There are no doubt other scripts like this, and I don't know what else. You will have to check whether a relink touches any of this, but I doubt it.

Reinstalling is probably the best idea.

Jared

                    "Babu

                    Nagarajan"           To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
<ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
                    <orclbabu_at_hotm       cc:

                    ail.com>             Subject:     Re: Moving Oracle software

                    Sent by:

                    root_at_fatcity.c

                    om

                    01/03/02 12:20

                    PM

                    Please respond

                    to ORACLE-L

i dont think you need a relink all. the path is always taken from your env variables so it does not need a relink...

may be on some patch levels you might need a relink. try it w/o relinking and it it works its fine....

i have tried it w/o relinking and it works fine...

babu

Author: Babu Nagarajan
  INET: orclbabu_at_hotmail.com

  INET: Jared.Still_at_radisys.com