RE: VLDB backup policy

From: Nick Wagner <Nick.Wagner_at_quest.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2002 13:33:04 -0800

check out SharePlex for Oracle. The target system is completely open and available while it is applying the changes from the source.  If you are expecting < 25 GB of redo generation per day, it will usually be under 15 seconds latency.  And it's a LOT cheaper than the hardware solutions.   (not to mention nicer to the network too)

Author: George Schlossnagle
  INET: schlossnagle_at_pythian.com

Author: Loughmiller, Greg
  INET: GLoughmiller_at_presolutions.com