local partitioning question

From: Ron Rogers <RROGERS_at_galottery.org>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2002 12:16:48 -0800

Esteem members of the list.
I hope this new year finds you and your's healthy and prosperous.

I have a question on partitioning and the changing of the values assigned to the partition during creation.
The tablespace was created with AUTOEXTEND ON next 2 M EXTENT MANAGEMENT LOCAL UNIFORM SIZE 2 M.  This was used for the table partitions that qualified for the (MAXVALUE) clause and an identical
tablespace was created for the indexes with the LOCAL option. The partition range was by a date field and the MAXVALUE partitions was created to catch the data inputs that were greater that
'12-31-2001'. I created an opportunity for learning by naming the partition xxx02 and now I would like to use the partition for the year 2002 data. I can add a partition to the table but I can not add
a partition to the index because it is a local index. If I drop the table partition and then recreate it with the values I desire, The index storage is created with the table's tablespace name not the tablespace I wanted for the index. Other than dropping the index and recreating it with the proper values and storage information does anyone know of a simple method to accomplish what I desire. I have created a script that will make the tablespaces READ WRITE, create the indexes, make the tablespaces READ ONLY, and step through the tables needing the new xxxx02 partitions. I have already dropped and recreated the tablespaces and added the new partitions the tables. This time I got smart and did not use the year indicator in the
(MAXVALUE) partition. With the size of the tables and the amount of data, the script
should be completed by 6:00 am tomorrow. (8 years of data for 6 different tables approx 200,000 rows per day)
Any ideas or references?
Thanks,
Ron
ROR mª¿ªm